Brass Templates from Lasting Impressions and Rubber Stamping.




About Me

My photo
Hi. I'm Donna and the owner of a business called Luv2Emboss. I've been crafting since the moment I could color with a crayon without eating it first! I have been embossing with Lasting Impressions' Brass Templates for 20 years and I am on their Design Team. I also love to craft with rubber stamps and I sell Lawn Fawn products. I hope the cards and projects I display will perk your interest to try a new craft or play with an old one! Enjoy. :-)

Friday, April 3, 2020

ONCE UPON A TIME ...



Once upon a time, almost 20 years ago, my girlfriend Jan and I went to a craft show at the Del Mar Fair here in San Diego.  We met a woman by the name of Lorie Jacobs who introduced us to the world of embossing and Lasting Impressions.  Jan and I have continued on that journey and boy what a ride it has been.

I remember that first day so vividly because we both bought lots of "stuff," and then went home to play.  Jan called me, from her house, about an hour later saying it wasn't working ... she could not get an embossed image.  Oh no!  What was she doing wrong?  Well, did you know you need to put your template on your light source first and then your paper?   Rub wax paper over the paper you are going to emboss before you use the large end of your stylus to push the paper into the open areas of the template design.  Well, as you might have guessed, my sweet friend had put the template on top of the paper, ran her stylus over the template and, of course, nothing happened.  We have laughed about this often and there have been many wonderful memories like this over our crafting years together.

 Recently Jan made this beautiful card with the latest paper from LI.  While there is no embossing on this card, I think she did a fabulous job with her layout, don't you think?  Happy embossing, :-)  D



No comments:

Post a Comment